Q: My car cranks but don't start. What could be the issue?

When starting vehicle, it cranks and won't start. I switched my battery, tried tapping the gas tank for gas can flow. It still does the samething. Want to know what could be the issue and how much it will cost to get fixed?

A: Any number of components can cause a crank ...

Any number of components can cause a crank but no start condition. Lack of spark - caused by a bad ignition coil or control module, as well as a crank shaft sensor could be at fault; lack of fuel due to a failed fuel pump, fuel pump relay, or a bad crank shaft sensor could also be the cause. Unfortunately, it is impossible to diagnose this issue without further information. If you'd like assistance with this, a certified YourMechanic technician can be dispatched to your location to inspect your no start condition and diagnose this issue.