Q: 2006 Xterra wont accelerate past 40mph and car rattles with engine lights ght blinking

Driving on the interstate car suddenly slows down.. pulled over and began to drive again but car would not accelerate past 40 mph, rattling noise, and check engine light starts blinking. Replace coils and spark plugs, new radiator, flush fluids, and new thermostat

It is possible that this issue could be caused by a faulty camshaft position sensor or crankshaft position sensor. I would recommend having your vehicle inspected by a qualified professional to determine if these sensors are functioning properly. Consider YourMechanic as these sensors can be inspected at your home or office.