Car difficult to start celica l4-2.4l toyota 1981 starter...

Q: Car difficult to start

asked by on February 05, 2016

I had the starter fixed twice and my car still struggles to start. It eventually starts, but sometimes not until I've tried for five minutes. Sometimes it sounds like it will turn over and then fail, and at other times, the power will come on in the cab, but the starter just clicks and the car doesn't start.

Hello. Most of the time if the starter is new then you have a bad battery or a failing battery cable. If the battery has been tested and is fine then the battery cables need to be checked. A certified mechanic would perform a voltage drop test on them to see if they have resistance. If they do then they would need to be replaced. Have a mechanic resolve your car’s starting issue and make any repairs to get your vehicle back on the road.