Q: Swooshing noise when braking

The car is making a loud swooshing noise, especially when I apply the brakes. I think it is the rotors, brakes, or something associated with the brake system.

Brake noises are pretty common. Worn pads can make a rotational scraping noise while driving if the wear indicators are contacting the rotors. The noise will most likely be worse while braking. Performing a visual inspection of your braking system is the only way to know exactly what your Honda needs. I recommend enlisting a certified mechanic to perform this inspection and make the repairs needed to get you back on the road.