Q: If a timing chain isnt put on right can that stop the car from starting ?

asked by on May 11, 2017

If a timing chain is not put on right will that stop the car from starting ?

Hello, thank you for writing in. You are correct. If the timing belt is broken, installed wrong, or the engine is off time for any reason, the vehicle may not start. If you have had recent repairs made to the timing belt, and your vehicle will not start, this should be the first place to look. A broken or loose timing belt may also cause the vehicle to stall or misfire. For more help checking or replacing the belt or chain, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.