Q: How do I bypass the PAT system? Or how do I bypass the anti-theft command controlled by the PCM?

asked by on November 06, 2016

My theft light comes on rapidly and when I turn the key, my car cranks continuously but doesn't start. We believe this problem to be controlled by PATS, in which the system doesn't allow the car to fully start. We've tried resetting the system, and disconnecting the battery terminals. The PATS is controlled by the PCM. We need to know how to bypass the pats or the pcm.

The PATS system cannot be bypassed. You are required to have a coded PATS ignition key in order for the computer to turn on the spark and fuel to the engine. If you do not have a PATS programmed key then only a dealer has the specialized scanner to reprogram the system to a new set of keys.