Q: Can a seized ebrake cause poor acceleration, and knocking noise in rear of vehicle

Can a seized parking brake cause slow acceleration and knocking noise from the back of my truck?

A: The seized emergency brake will cause the r...

The seized emergency brake will cause the rear brakes to be either partly or fully engaged which will cause the brakes to drag. When this happens it creates slow acceleration and possibly a knocking noise from the dragging brakes or from it catching on the drums. You should have the emergency brake mechanism fixed. The rear brakes will need to be checked for warped drums and overheated brake shoes will need to be replaced. The rear wheel bearing may also need to be replaced if they got overheated. If you'd like to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home to diagnose the brake system and make the necessary repairs.