Q: How do I start the car if I have keyless ignition and the transmitter battery is low?

How do I start the car if I have keyless ignition and the transmitter battery is low?

The keyless ignition system allows you to turn on your vehicle without a key, simply by using the remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitter. If the transmitter battery is dying, however, the keyless ignition system will not operate normally. When this happens, the Driver Information Center (DIC) may display the words “No Remote Detected, or “Replace Battery in Remote Key” when you try and start the vehicle with the RKE transmitter. When the battery is low, you can still start the vehicle easily by following these steps:

1. Locate the RKE transmitter outlet on the center console, next to the power outlet. Remove the plastic trim from the transmitter outlet to access the transmitter slot.

2. Extend the key blade from the RKE transmitter by pressing the button at the top of the transmitter.

3. Insert the extended key into the transmitter outlet slot.

4. Make sure that your vehicle is in P (Park) or N (Neutral), then depress the brake pedal and press the ignition button. Your vehicle will start up like normally.

Tip

If this happens to you, you should replace the battery in your RKE transmitter as soon as possible.

3. How do I start the car if I have keyless ignition and the transmitter battery is low?