Q: Car won't start the next day after getting gas, but was able to drive to work and back home.

CYesterday idk if my car was out of gas or what. I don't want to say battery because the radio and lights would come on and it would rev up. Then I got my jerry can and walked to the gas station and put about 5 gallons in my car. So then I let it sit for a couple minutes and tried to start it up and it would rev up but not start up. So then i guessed maybe the battery, so then I used one of those Jumpstarter things for the battery and after letting it charge for a minute, it started up. I drove to work fine, then I filled it up with gas, then went into work. So the car was off for 8 hours, when I left I started it up just fine, drove home and went to sleep. Now about 12-14 hours later it is doing the reving up but that's it, not starting up and I know it's not the gas. I don't know if maybe it's the alternator (I hope not) or the battery or what. All my lights come on, the radio is on, i don't know what's wrong. It's an Acura legend 1995 and I mean it's kinda cold outside, and I park o

Hi there. It sounds like there is junk in the fuel system from running the vehicle out of gas. I recommend putting in a fuel treatment in the fuel tank and letting it sit for about 1 hour. This will help with the fuel and any issues with the debris. Then when the vehicle is started, I recommend doing a fuel injection cleaning. There is nothing wrong with the alternator or battery as you have power to the vehicle, unless the battery keeps dying and your vehicle needs jumped or charged. Then check the battery for a load test and a voltage test. If the battery passes, then the alternator could be bad. If the battery fails, I recommend replacing it and retesting your vehicle. If you need further assistance with your vehicle not starting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Car won't start the next day after getting gas, but was able to drive to work and back home.