Q: Code P0011 problems

asked by on April 23, 2017

I have a 2007 Chevrolet Suburban. I have the code P0011 displayed. The thing is that when I change gears from P to D or P to R, the SUV jerks. I have tried everything and no such luck.

I have replaced the timing chain and timing gears. Replaced the magnet on the timing. Replaced the Camshaft Position Actuator Solenoid. Replaced the ECM. Replaced Camshaft and Crankshaft Position sensor. Oil levels full and the oil is new. I have even replaced the oil injectors. I don't know where to go from here. Oil pump replaced. I have even gone out of my way by replacing the transmission (didn't work so I returned it) and the 4x4. Any suggestions?

Hi there. P0011 is the OBD-II generic code indicating the engine control module (ECM) has determined that the bank 1 intake camshaft is more advanced than what the ECM has commanded it be. This over-advanced condition could be during advancing or retarding of the camshaft timing. I would recommend reading this article as it will provide you with details as to what typically causes this code to trigger, and possible solutions.