Q: My ABS & check engine light on My 1992 honda accord

I just bought a 92 honda accord but while driving yesterday around neighborhoods it waa hesitating to go faster. Now today on the hwy just not did the same thing. Ive noticed the ABS LIGHT is on now and also check engine light. Check engine light was not on when i bought it 2 days ago. .

Hi There, There are a number of things that may cause the car to hesitate when accelerating such as low fuel pressure, a dirty or faulty mass air flow sensor, clogged or dirty fuel injectors, a faulty throttle position sensor or potentially a bad fuel pump.

With regard to your ABS light coming on, this may be related to a faulty ABS control module or potentially faulty wheel speed sensors. Your car is equipped with wheel speed sensors at each of the four wheels which monitor wheel speed while relaying this information constantly to the ABS and traction control system which are controlled by the car’s ECU. The ABS control module controls the activation of the ABS system based upon inputs from the ABS wheel sensors. When this module is not working properly you may notice it inadvertently activating the ABS system causing the brakes to lock up randomly or simply causing the ABS light to come on. In some cases it may not activate the system at all and may be related to inaccurate input data from the wheel sensors. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.