Q: Car shakes when put into gear, fine when i give it gas, I replaced all mounts

asked by on November 19, 2017

I had issues with my car shaking in idle and when putting it into gear, so i replaced my mounts, now when I put it into neutral my car doesn't shake anymore but when i put it into gear, and especially reverse, It shakes badly. I was wondering what else in my car could have an issue, since my car is still shaking bad at certain times.

Hi Joel. Thanks for contacting us tonight. Usually, when you have a vibration that occurs while in gear, it will be caused by either an engine misfire, something bent inside the driveline (like a damaged CV axle or input shaft) or perhaps internal damage inside the automatic transmission. Clogged fuel injectors, a dirty or damaged mass air flow sensor and other ignition system components that are worn out can also cause these type of symptoms - but in most cases, if it’s while the vehicle is in gear, the transmission is to blame. You might want to have a transmission specialist in your hometown look at this issue.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr