Q: Sluggish acceleration while in 2nd gear.

I purchased the 2010 forester turbo diesel a few months ago but I have noticed yesterday the acceleration is sluggish . The issue mainly occurs in second gear but it has happened and 1st and 3rd. It feels like the vechicle is stuttering forward (almost like the vechicle is about to stall). After about a second or two the vechicle goes back to accelerating properly.

A: This could be traditional "turbo lag&q...

This could be traditional "turbo lag" - I would check the turbocharger boost control components for air leaks, or poor electrical connections. I would also check the throttle position sensor, which may not always be recognizing your foot pressing the gas pedal. If you’d like assistance in diagnosing this issue, a certified YourMechanic technician can come to your location to perform an inspection of your hesitating acceleration and suggest any repairs to your vehicle.