Q: Battery went low causing car to go into limp mode

I left car sitting for a while causing battery to go flat. Car windows locks wipers won't work now. I have put in new battery hoping it would reset but car still in limp mode. Do you know how to get car back to normal

There are a few things that can go wrong when the battery dies out like that. One thing you can try is to reset the main computer. Look to a service guide or repair manual for specific instructions on how to do that. The computer may have run out of the battery power used to store important information. If this isn’t computing correctly, the engine will sense a problem and trigger limp mode. Now if that doesn’t solve your problem, you should have your vehicle scanned for diagnostic troubleshooting codes. This is going to be the fastest way to see either what sensor is going bad, or if there is something more serious going on with the vehicle. There are several sensors that can go bad after sitting. You may also want to inspect your throttle position sensor.

3. Battery went low causing car to go into limp mode