Q: Car knocking from low oil

My car is knocking. The car was driven while low on oil.

Noise from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Running low on engine oil makes the metal parts inside the engine rub against each other without being properly lubricated. This can cause major internal damage to any or all the components that rely on a steady supply of clean motor oil. If after adding oil to your engine and making sure it is to the full mark does not help at all, the damage is done. You may need a major engine overhaul or replacement engine. I recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose your vehicle’s engine noise to determine what the extent of the damage is.