Q: Truck using too much fuel - 1995 Dodge Ram 1500

Truck is using to much fuel changed EGR valve but it continues to use lots ot fuel. Can you fix the problem.

A: A variety of faults can cause your 1995 Dod...

A variety of faults can cause your 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 to use excess fuel. The most common would be fuel leaks, EVAP system leaks, a leaking fuel injector, oxygen sensors, vacuum leaks, or a misfire condition. Faults such as the misfire condition will cause the engine to run poorly as well. For help with this diagnosis, a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can inspect the fuel usage issue in order to resolve the issue.