Q: I was driving and my car started making a clicking sound, which got worse.

I just recently put motor oil in the car as well. As soon as the clicking started, I pulled over and checked the oil and it was still good in oil. But then the oil light came on. I have no idea what's wrong with the car or why it started doing it.

Typically a clicking sound is caused by metal-to-metal contact, caused either by a lack of lubrication or metal fatigue; which may have been caused by overheating. If the sound is coming from the engine, and increases as the engine revs up, it can be somewhere in the cylinder head valve train or in the engine’s block; such as bearings being damaged. To verify this diagnosis you should have a mechanic come to you like one from YourMechanic to verify and diagnose the engine noise. This will help to eliminate a lot of the guess work and find a solution to your Toyota’s clicking sound.

3. I was driving and my car started making a clicking sound, which got worse.