Q: My EVAP canister has a small leak

My car needs a smog certificate. The emissions light is on. The diagnostic code said the EVAP canister has a small leak, suggesting that the EVAP canister needs to be repair or replaced.

Hello! I suggest that a technician with a smoke machine test your EVAP system. The smoke will come out of any area of the EVAP system that is leaking. Most Auto shops will have a smoke machine. I would recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come and inspect your EVAP system for you and replace your EVAP control canister if needed.

3. My EVAP canister has a small leak