Q: Transmission Service, 2007 Tundra 60K Miles

2007 Tundra 5.7L with 60K miles. Tow an RV so transmission oil change is recommended.

We have two Toyota dealers in Tucson, AZ. One recommended a total transmission flush (at $349) while the other dealer said NO NO NO. Flush not recommended and would do a transmission pan drain and refill ($169).

Who is right?

With the mileage that your vehicle has, it is okay to go ahead and do the flush. The flush will do a better job of getting all the dirty fluid out. The reason the flush is not recommended as for higher-mileage vehicles. This can cause metal shavings from the transmission to clog up transmission orifices. This can cause a restriction and fluid flow and therefore cause a failure to the transmission. Since your vehicle has such low mileage and is unlikely that there is enough metal shavings in the transmission to cause this type of issue.

3. Transmission Service, 2007 Tundra 60K Miles