Q: Getting Red Lighting Bolt Warning Light and Check Engine Light

asked by on October 13, 2016

I'm unable to start my Chrysler 300. My check engine light and a red lighting bolt warning signal is on. I want to know if I just need to clean the throttle body or if it needs to be replaced? Or could a sensor need to be replaced?

Hi there. Assuming the Check Engine Light and red lightning bolt were on before your vehicle experienced the no start condition. This would indicate a malfunction in the electronic throttle control system. The computer has recognized the fault and stored a code(s) to help identify the area to inspect.

The warning lights on, key on engine off, show they are functional. The no start may not be related to the electronic throttle control system. It could be due to a fuel pump failure. I would not replace any parts on your vehicle without further inspection. I recommend having the no start condition diagnosed by a certified technician such as one from YourMechanic.