Q: engine has developed a high pitched whine sound

asked by on June 21, 2017

The engine is making a high-pitched whining sound. It started soon after replacing the alternator.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Usually a high pitched sound as you are describing is caused by a bearing, pulley or belt that is worn out. Since there are multiple possible sources under the hood of your vehicle that could cause this noise, it’s best to have a professional mechanic complete an inspection at your location. This will allow them to isolate the source and recommend the right repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr