Q: Opinion on Tesla 3

What do you think of new Tesla model 3 being announced tonight? Starting price was estimated to 35,000. Would electric cars be good to own in a long run?

A: That's interesting. I didn't know i...

That's interesting. I didn't know it that 35,000 dollars went out there. I have customers with the fancy Teslas and they paid like 85,000 up for their cars. That's too much money. If it's 35,000 dollars and it's getting an arrangement that people can afford. They are solid build cars.

Thing you've got to realize with electronic cars if they run on pure electricity like that--you've got to keep them charged up. To really ,fully charge them up, all the ones that I have seen, you really got to have a 440 volt outlet set up at your house that costs thousands of dollars, because that will recharge them in a short period of time.

If you recharge them on a 110 volt that you use to operate your TVs and stuff in your house, it takes too many hours, like 20-25 hours to recharge them. The thing that I worry about them is range, because if they don't have a good enough range or if you are a person that commutes back and forth then it's fine. I saw a program the other day about Iceland, that if you buy electric cars, the government subsidizes it and they give you free electricity. If you charge them on the road, it doesn't cost anybody anything.

The government is subsidizing it, and over there, a lot of people buy them. But over here, finding charging stations isn't that easy yet, and I don't know if there is going to be an infrastructure. Our country's having problems with an infrastructure anyway, so adding another layer on it is going to be an even bigger problem. But, that’s just my opinion.