Q: My 1997 mercury villager shakes or visit vibrakes when moving and engine shakes a little under hood and car sounds a little like r

My car shakes or vibrates when putting in anything other than park and while driving vibrates also, and engine sounds little like a race car. You can see engine moving a little when engine starts.

Sometimes there are multiple causes, or sources, of vehicle vibration. Based on your description, the vibration might be due, at least in part, to faulty motor mounts. To check for engine-mount problems, you can try shifting from "neutral" to "drive" and back, while the engine is running. If the vibrations disappear or reduce dramatically in "neutral," it’s likely that you need new engine mounts. Whenever there is excessive engine vibration, be sure to first rule out engine operating conditions. For example, rough running at idle can be caused by faults in the air induction system as well as the ignition and fuel systems. If you want the running condition of the engine evaluated by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a rough idle diagnostic. To evaluate the motor mounts, request an engine vibration diagnostic. If you do end up replacing additional motor mounts, genuine OEM mounts are recommended in order to maximize the chances of resolving the problem. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My 1997 mercury villager shakes or visit vibrakes when moving and engine shakes a little under hood and car sounds a little like r