Q: Still overheating after replace radiator

asked by on February 09, 2017

Drove blazer and radiator blew it sat for a few months, I replaced it and spark plugs, thermostat, and it turned over it turned over slowly i pour gas in throttle body, started ran for awhile engine clean up ran for about 30 minutes then it overheat again don't know what to do now, it sounds bubbling and hurling (air pockets) I don't know what to do any suggestions

Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Certain engine faults, such as a leaking head gasket(s) or poor engine running condition can cause overheating. If bubbles are coming up in the coolant, you should test for exhaust in the coolant. If present, that would suggest either a leaking head gasket or a crack in the block or head(s). The more common causes of overheating include low coolant level, a faulty thermostat, a plugged radiator, a faulty radiator pressure cap, collapsed hoses, non functioning cooling fans, and a faulty water pump or drive belt. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.