power steering randomly not working. If its stops working...

Q: power steering randomly not working. If its stops working i reset my pcm and then it works fine until it randomly shuts off again

asked by on December 21, 2017

power steering randomly not working. If its stops working i reset my pcm and then it works fine until it randomly shuts off again

Hi Jimmy. Thanks for sending your question today. Sometimes this type of issue is caused by a failed EPS sensor, poor electrical harness connection to the sensor, or a glitch inside of the PCM. The best way to determine the root source of this problem is to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a power steering inspection.