Q: Steering lock malfunction and key wont turn in ignition.

my battery was drained I charged it and my fuses are still good. I disconnected the column integration module but my key is stuck in the ignition on lock and my car says steering lock malfunction and the steerin wheel turns

Your key could be stuck for several reasons. Since the steering wheel moves, it’s not the steering lock.

The first thing to attempt, is to use an electrical cleaner or air duster to remove any debris that may be stuck in the ignition cylinder. If dirt or debris is stuck inside the cylinder, with all its intricate moving parts, the key may become lodged inside and won’t turn or pull free. Worst case scenario you will need to replace the entire ignition cylinder.

If you need assistance with this, consider YourMechanic to get the job done. One of our mobile technicians can come to your home to diagnose the issue with your key and help you make the necessary repairs.