Oil pressure sensor v8-5.3l silverado 1500 chevrolet 2012...

Q: Oil pressure sensor

asked by on March 01, 2017

My check engine came on code p0521 I changed the sensor and the filter below it. I reset the check engine code and the check engine light keeps coming on with the same code p0521. Any help would be great!

There are a few common reasons to get a trouble code for low oil pressure. There could be a low oil level, failed oil pressure sensor, a wiring problem, oil that needs to be changed, an engine that has worn to a point that oil pressure is low, or a wiring problem. Changing the oil and the sensor does narrow things down a bit, but there are still some possible causes, and it would be impossible to say what the problem is without doing some diagnostic testing, like putting a gauge on the oiling system to see exactly what the oil pressure is in the engine. If you feel you could use some help in diagnosing and/or repairing the issue, contact a certified mechanic, like the mobile mechanics at YourMechanic.com.