Q: Driving with battery indicator light on

This morning I headed out and after driving about one mile, the battery indicator light came on. I pulled over, checked my manual, which said to service it immediately. It was 10:00 Saturday morning, and my long-time mechanic isn't open on Saturdays. So I drove home, no problem. Can I drive about 1/2 mile to my mechanic Monday, or should I get it towed?

The charging system light is on most likely due to the alternator is not recharging the battery. As you drive it you may loose all power and vehicle will stall. I would recommend having a mobile mechanic like one from YourMechanic come to you and test and replace the alternator.

3. Driving with battery indicator light on