Q: Gascap warning on 2007 Caravan

asked by on October 13, 2016

Woke up this morning, jumped in the van and started it up. Warning message came up right away saying gas Cap. Stopped by the pump, loosened and tightened the cap again but it still says gascap.

Unrelated issue - when coming to a stop for the lights or stop sign or whatever the case - the car jerks to a stop... what is causing this?

Please help

I am from Canada - it has 85,000 kms so I gave you the equivalent

Brake System Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Gas Cap Replacement $87.91 - $199.77 Get a Quote

For the first issue, the gas cap will need to be replaced sometimes. I had a 2009 Dodge Charger that this happened to also. It’s not something you can control.

As for the second issue, it seems like it is your brakes. Being that you are always braking when the car jumps leads me to believe you have an issue with the brakes. You may want to have a mechanic inspect them for you to ensure your safety

If you need assistance with these repairs, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can diagnose your brake system and replace your gas cap as necessary. Good luck and I hope this helps.