Q: Car not going from park into reverse

asked by on February 12, 2016

I could not get the car to shift from park to reverse. The side knob would not press in.

Car does not shift from park to drive Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi. There is a solenoid near your shifter that releases the shifter when the brake is applied. This circuit will need to be tested to determine if the brake switch, wiring, or solenoid is faulty. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the shifting issue with your vehicle and replace any damaged parts.