Q: Car crash and SRS light

Hello, yesterday I was rear ended by a speeding car and did a good amount of damage to my car's rear but thank god my car was still drive able but sadly the person who hit me's car was totaled and towed off. My car feels a little wobbly but seeing that the car hit me so hard it sent me into the car infront of me I thought it's no problem. But now my car's air bag light on the dash just came on after about a day later when I was driving it. Do you know what this might be? I know the air bag sensors are in the front of the car and I hit the car in front of me but the air bags didn't deploy do why is the air bag light on? Thank you for your time

A: Hey there. It is likely that your front imp...

Hey there. It is likely that your front impact sensor was damaged during the frontal collision but not with enough force to deploy the air bags. There is a threshold for how hard a vehicle must be hit in order to deploy the airbags that is set by the manufacturer that may not have been met. When the SRS light is illuminated, this means that the air bags will not deploy in the event of an accident, even if it is hit hard enough. I would recommend having the frontal collision sensor inspected and replaced if necessary by the dealer or a professional who is proficient in air bag repair.