Q: Check engine light is on with codes U110C and U0140

Having problems with the warning lights on my car. The car was turned off, but all of the lights on the dash were on. I pressed the door lock and all the lights turned off. I let the car sit for a bit, and turned it back on. It runs normally, but now the check engine light is on. I got these two codes: U110C Manufacturer Control and U0140 Lost Communication With Body Control Module. What do these mean and how do I fix it?

Have the battery checked first to see if it is okay. If the problem continues, then the body control module may not be working properly and would need to be replaced and programmed with a new body control module. This should fix the problems you have and just so you know, you are only experiencing only part of the problems these modules are having.

The module would need to be replaced and programmed using the DRB3 dealer scanner programmer and the latest computer program calibration would be needed. This service cannot be done without the scanner and program to do it. A professional technician will be able to help you check your battery and diagnose your trouble codes codes in order to find the necessary repairs to get your car working properly again.

3. Check engine light is on with codes U110C and U0140