Q: Have a 2002 Chrysler Sebring convertible with airbag light on and horn doesn't work. If the problem is in the steering what would

asked by on May 29, 2017

Airbag light on and horn doesn't work and I'm hearing that the problem may be in the steering wheel due to a spring. If this is so what would be the average cost to repair

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Some airbag light issues are related to wiring problems under seats that are constantly moving. This is more of an issue with side impact airbags than any other type of airbag but it would still trigger the error code and illuminate the light. It is also possible that the clock spring within the steering wheel has failed; this is what sends power to the steering wheel airbag. If the horn is also not working, the spring could be the fault, but it could also be an electrical issue deeper inside the steering column. It’s also quite likely that the two issues are not caused by the same issue. As such, I would recommend having one of our professional mobile mechanics come to your location and complete a warning light inspection, so they can isolate both sources of these issues and recommend the right repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr