Q: Trunk won't open on my car

I need help with the trunk on my car. I put my stuff in the trunk, and now it won't open. The key does nothing, and pushing the button in the back leads to 4 chimes, but the trunk won't open. I can't get to the emergency trunk release because the trunk is full of stuff, and I can't reach it. I checked the glove compartment release, and it is unlocked. I tried the driver's side trunk switch and nothing happens. The doors lock/unlock with the key just fine, and the panic button works. Did the trunk locking mechanism/cable harness break? I don't want to go to the dealer since it may be something simple, but I haven't found anything online. Any ideas?

A: Go into your control setup in the instrumen...

Go into your control setup in the instrument panel, under user controls, and make sure the trunk did not get turned off in the setup. If it did, then turn all of it back on and the trunk should open. If the system is all on, try pushing down on the trunk lid and push the button to open the lid. You may have something that caught in the latch. If it still will not open, the only thing to do is to try and access the inside latch using a long grab rod or something equivalent to pull the latch release. If you can’t manage to get it open or want a second opinion on this, a certified mechanic can diagnose your trunk problem firsthand and fix it accordingly.