Q: Vehicles Check Engine light blinks and then stays on, runs rough like on 6 cylinders/misfiring when wet.

Vehicle Check Engine light blinks and then stays on in wet weather, runs rough like in 6 cylinders instead of 8. Used to straighten itself out after driving and drying out sitting after, pull -cable, light wet off, stayed off for months, passing inspections. NOT ANYMORE..been running this way for 10-15 miles and won't 'straighten' out.

Hi there. Check the spark plugs and see if they are sparking. Get a code reader and check for any codes that could be stored in the computer as the check engine light is on. The code will give you a starting point for diagnostics. I recommend replacing the spark plugs and plug wires if they are more than 80,000 miles or 5 years old. If the spark plugs are working good, then check the fuel injectors and see if they are working by removing the harness to each injector one at a time. If the engine stumbles more than normal, then the injector is working. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose a misfire if you need further assistance.

• Vehicles Check Engine light blinks and then stays on, runs rough like on 6 cylinders/misfiring when wet.