Q: Q: VALVE Cover GASKET Replacement

Hey there! I just barely got my 335 done at the BMW for a leaking valve cover gasket and got it replaced. When I got home after the job was done it was smoking under the hood, I only saw the white smoke through the grill and when I popped the hood I didn't see anything. It was snowing a lot on my way home so I am not sure if that might have done it or the GASKET cover replacement. I need to know what the best suggestion is to secure my vehicles safety and how I can best pinpoint the problem or if there is even a problem at all.

Hi there. Assuming, the valve cover gasket was properly replaced. The smoking under the hood, may have been residual oil burning off the exhaust manifold. The white smoke seen coming through the grill, may have been the snow turning to steam. If smoke continues to be present. I recommend having your vehicle’s smoke from under the hood be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. Q: VALVE Cover GASKET Replacement