Q: Gas is coming out from under the hood

asked by on August 06, 2017

My husband replaced the fuel pump on his brother's 1996 Honda Accord 6 cylinder. We figured it was the pump cuz when he put gas in the carborator it would start. Other then that he touched nothing under the hood but now there is gas coming from some hose on the drivers side of under the hood and he can't figure out where it goes or where it's coming from. Can you help us please.

Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

You didn’t say whether you got the car to run, but if you did, do not drive it. It can be very dangerous in this condition. The fuel pumped up to the engine is under pressure, so when it leaks from a hose or fitting, it can spray all over the place. Things are pretty tight under the hood so it can be difficult to find the beginning and end of things if you don’t really know your way around the engine compartment of a certain car. If you contact Your Mechanic, they can send a technician to your home or office to check out your fuel leak and let you know what it is going to take to solve it.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr