Q: loud rattling noise when accelerating, somewhat quiet clicking noise when idling

Hi, I recently changed my spark plugs on my 2008 GT eclipse, In order to reach some of them I had to remove the upper intake manifold, and in the process remove my intake system, egr valve, and several brackets and hoses. Now when I drive I hear a clicking / rattling noise when I accelerate, it seems the higher my engines RPMs, the faster the noise goes, sounds like loose heatshield did i leave something disconnected, or is it just a bad coincidence?

Hello, thank you for writing in. In this kind of situation, the noise may very well be related to the recent work. Start by going back through as best you can without disconnecting too many things to verify your repair. Make sure you did not leave out any screws, make sure all torque specs were followed, make sure nothing is leaking, make sure all your fluids are full and in good condition, and make sure nothing has shifted. Due to it being related to engine speed, you want to make sure the drive belt is also tight and correctly placed on its pulleys. For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

• loud rattling noise when accelerating, somewhat quiet clicking noise when idling