Q: Getting codes P0161 and P0325

I just had the valve gasket replaced, and now I have codes P0161 and P0325. When they first replaced the gasket, I detected the smell of oil, which they said would burn off. The O2 and knock sensor codes were not there when I initially brought the vehicle in for the gasket replacement.

Hello. Both codes indicate a circuit failure, and I suspect that the connectors were not properly reconnected after changing the valve cover gasket. These codes are not likely actual part failures. It is a very tight squeeze to get in position to change the valve gasket, so the technician may have forgotten to connect them. I suggest that you return your vehicle to the technician who did the work to check the connections, or hire a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to come out to you to resolve your issue.

3. Getting codes P0161 and P0325