Q: Car vibrates when driving or when I hit the brakes

My car vibrates almost all the time, until I get to higher speeds, then it stops. It vibrates while driving in town, when I have my foot on the brake pedal and even when in reverse or in neutral. What is causing this?

The most likely issue is that the motor or transmission mounts are broken. If your mounts are broken, then the engine will rest on the metal of the mounts and you will feel the engine throughout the car.

It may be worse in reverse or drive, depending on the mounts that are bad. It may seem to go away at highway speed due to the fact that the speed and normal road noise overcome the vibration you’re feeling at lower speeds. Have the mounts checked out by a certified mechanic, they will be able to replace them if they are broken.

3. Car vibrates when driving or when I hit the brakes