Q: My car dies or has no power when I put into gear

my car dies or has no power when I put into gear. my car will start but if in step on the gas in park the car will die or stutter, if I put it in gear it will die or has no power.

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a faulty throttle position sensor. The throttle position sensor monitors the throttle position of the throttle plate inside the throttle body in relation to your foot position on the gas pedal. Based upon the inputs from the sensor reading your foot’s position on the pedal, the ECU then makes the direction to supply more or less fuel to the motor. When this sensor is not working properly, this can cause intermittent responses when pressing the gas pedal. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to you home to diagnose your vehicle’s running condition.

3. My car dies or has no power when I put into gear