Q: Transmission not shifting sometimes.

My transmission 4l60-e sometimes remains in drive gear doesn't shift from 1 to 2 or 2 to 3 or 3 to 4 just remains in 3. Other times shifts just fine. Ran the codes and p0740, p0785 are current.

If your transmission is not shifting properly it is likely due to internal damage inside the transmission or a little fluid level. I would recommend having a certified Transmission expert inspect your transmission to determine why it will not shift. It is possible that one or more of your shift solenoids may be faulty. When the cause of this issue has been determined the repair procedure will be more clear. If you would like, a professional from YourMechanic can complete this transmission inspection for you, at your home or place of business.

3. Transmission not shifting sometimes.