Q: metallic clunking when the rear-driver side tire hits a pot hole, or road dip/bump

The noise is only heard when the lone tire enters the uneven road, or hole - any speed above 5MPH

Brakes, Steering and Suspension Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. The suspension and wheel hub assembly will all need to be inspected. With that being said, you will want to start with the simplest tests that can be done with the car sitting and off. Bounce and rock the vehicle to try and replicate the sound. Keep an eye on how long the vehicle bounces, as it should only do it once or twice. You may then have to lift the vehicle off of the ground and do a visual inspection, as well as some further testing. Check all of the bushings, springs, and joints. If anything looks worn or damaged, it may need to be replaced (even if its not the direct cause). To get more help with diagnosing the noises, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.