Q: Meter fuse keeps blowing out

Hi. I thought that the fuel pump on my car was worn. However, the 1g meter fuse was blown. I had it replaced with a new one. That one was blown as well. The dashboard lights are off. What is causing it to keep blowing out? Thanks.

A: Hello there, a few different things can cau...

Hello there, a few different things can cause the fuse to blow like this. It is good that you have identified the fuse that is blown, as this will makes it easier to diagnose. Fuses do not blow for no reason. The most common causes of the fuses blowing are a failing fuel pump or a short circuit. A qualified technician will check the fuel pump itself and check for continuity in the wiring on the circuit to diagnose your electrical system and replace any fuses as necessary.