Q: How do you test the wiring harness on a two wire camshaft position sensor for a 1999 sohc 4.0 Ford explorer

How do you test a two wire camshaft position sensor wiring harness on a 99 Ford explorer 4.0 sohc

An oscilloscope is typically used to look at both the amplitude and frequency of the analog output signal from a two wire Hall Effect sensor, which is the type that you have. Alternatively, you can use a multimeter set to measure AC to check to see if the AC output is between 0.3 and 1 volt during engine cranking. Voltage output of the sensor will increase with Engine RPM so the faster the engine cranks, the higher the AC Voltage. If the sensor is not working at all all, you will see zero voltage. To test the wiring between the sensor and the PCM, use voltage drop testing to check for high resistance or bad connections which will prevent even a good sensor from properly conducting the signal output to the computer. If you want the required diagnostic steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a Check Engine Light diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. How do you test the wiring harness on a two wire camshaft position sensor for a 1999 sohc 4.0 Ford explorer