Q: Stalling at Idle

asked by on July 31, 2016

For the past 2 days my truck has been stalling out when starting up, if i press the gas it stays on in which i have to hurry up and put it into gear to avoid stalling. Once i get driving it stalls when coming to a stop or when at idle at a traffic light. The service engine light has also come on. Also experiencing very weak engine power. Could it be an IAC issue? Cylinder misfire? MAFS Issue? Alternator?

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

There can be many reasons for an engine to stall. Since the Check Engine Light is on I would start with scanning the computer for codes and moving forward with a diagnosis from there. You may have a vacuum leak at the PCV hose at the connection on the intake. Have a certified technician diagnose the Check Engine Light and pinpoint the cause of your stalling issue.