Q: Steering tight

The steering is really tight, even after filling the reservoir with fluid. I'm not entirely sure if there is a leak or if there is something wrong with the pump.

Hello. If the fluid was really low, then there is a leak that needs to be found and fixed. Most of the time on this car though when the steering is hard it is because the power steering pump has failed. This is very common on the Taurus. I typically start the car and remove the cap to see if the fluid is flowing. If it is not, then the pump is bad and will need to be replaced. I also typically change out the fluid and bleed the system afterwards. If you need to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to replace the power steering pump if this is necessary.