Q: My 2007 Ford Explorer just started acting up. When I first take off driving it does fine but when it goes to shift into gear, the

My 2007 Ford Explorer just started acting up. When I first take off driving it does fine but when it goes to shift into gear, the truck revs up and then goes into gear. What could be the cause of this?

It sounds like you are referring to delayed shifting. That can be caused by an inadequate amount of transmission fluid, solenoid faults, faults in internal transmission hydraulic pressure control, engine control faults (e.g., throttle position sensor), and many other types of malfunctions including the wiring harness, vehicle speed sensor and so forth. Basically, you need the fault pinpointed so that it can be determined which components, if any, need to be repaired or replaced. When I say, "if any", if the fault is due to too little fluid or bad terminal connections to a speed sensor or solenoid, obviously nothing is replaced. To obtain a diagnostic that pinpoints the problem, please utilize YourMechanic’s transmission shift diagnostic service request page to schedule. If you request that diagnostic service, the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My 2007 Ford Explorer just started acting up. When I first take off driving it does fine but when it goes to shift into gear, the