Q: My car ac a year ago stopped working on settings 123 only works on 4 I did the research so I do know it is the blower motor an ha

Car ac blower motor stopped working on settings 123 a year ago, only works on setting 4 all of a sudden is only blowing cold now for 5 maybe 10 mins , I knew eventual I would have to replace motor but sometimes bigger issues come first as we all know, I've done my research although I'm no mechanic so no leaks no foul smells no debree an freon is full also I just replaced ac belt , the blower is the only thing in my research that resembles what is happening, obviously do not have funds to get checked professional , of course I know blower has to be replaced anyway just would like second opinion besides what I think an what I've read in researching pls help desperate it's Florida am it's way hot to have no ac

In your application, there is a replaceable blower motor resistor block. The resistor block permits multi-speed operation of the fan. If some fan speed settings work, but not others, the first thing to do is test the resistor block with a volt ohmmeter. If you desire testing, and replacement, as needed, please request a blower motor/resistor block diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you.

With regard to the A/C system, if gauge pressures (high and low) are normal when the system does operate, there are really only two principle possibilities for intermittent operation. One is circulating moisture in the system (due to a saturated dryer) which periodically freezes (and thaws) at the expansion valve and the other is a failure in the A/C control system, that is the clutch, sensors, and other electronics that control the compressor cycling. The cause of the problem can be readily found if you request an A/C system diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My car ac a year ago stopped working on settings 123 only works on 4 I did the research so I do know it is the blower motor an ha