Q: Will only driving short distances damage my car's engine?

I drive a mile each way to work the my car is parked up , people say short journey is bad for car, but that's how far work is, I do drive it further on weekends will my car be ok , no problems so far

Hi there. Short trips do not damage a vehicle as long as the engine is allowed to reach operating temperature. I’m not sure where this myth originated, but it is tied to older vehicles that used to develop engine "run on" where the engine would continue to spit and sputter after turning it off. Engine, fuel, and oil technology have helped to eradicate this condition. Newer methods of refining, additives, process development, etc... However, allowing the engine to reach operating temperature aids in keeping the engine "healthy". As you mentioned, you drive it further on the weekends and you should be just fine. Make sure the maintenance is on point and you should be ok. Your Mechanic has several technicians that can come to you at home or work to perform maintenance and repairs. This service helps you two ways; no need to go to the shop or service department and lower costs. Your Mechanic technicians have the experience and certifications that are industry recognized and trusted; not to mention the 12 month 12k mileage warranty on repairs. Feel free to browse the website and read reviews about the technicians available in your area. We look forward to scheduling your next service appointment.

3. Will only driving short distances damage my car's engine?